Southern Wall Systems finished the exterior of this contemporary Art Deco-styled luxury condominium complex in Atlanta’s premier live-work-play neighborhood.
SWS installed 180,000 square feet of Portland cement stucco plaster, protective coatings, and associated sealants.
- Commercialized in England during the mid-1800s, Portland cement is a powdered form of limestone mixed with clay and a dash of gypsum.
- The name comes from England’s Isle of Portland.
- The Atlantic takes its moniker from the former occupant of Atlantic Station’s 138-acre site: the Atlantic Steel Mill.
- The company operated at the site from 1901 to the 1990s, manufacturing barrel hoops, field fencing, nails, rivets, and more.
- At the time it opened in 2005, Atlantic Station was the nation’s largest urban redevelopment project.
- So large is Atlantic Station that it has its own ZIP code: 30363.