Built in 2007, Element Atlantic Station Condos had building elements in much need of improvements. Southern Wall Systems was tapped to remediate the entire envelope of the five-story structure—some 200,000 square feet worth.
The general contractor entrusted SWS to:
- Demolish the deteriorated material
- Block and frame anew
- Apply new stucco to the facade
- Sheath the exterior
- Install new roofing
- Waterproof the envelope and replace failing sealant
- Apply elastomeric coatings
- Atlantic Station sits on 138 acres and has its own ZIP code: 30363
- The Atlantic Steel Mill operated at the site from 1901 to the 1990s, manufacturing barrel hoops, field fencing, nails, rivets, and more.
- At the time it opened in 2005, Atlantic Station was the nation’s largest urban redevelopment project.
Owner: Atlanta Condo Communities
General contractor: Betec Construction